New Delhi: On behalf of students and youth of India, the Students Islamic Organisation of India (SIO) takes this opportunity to present a “Students’ Manifesto” before all the political parties for consideration and inclusion in their respective manifesto and agenda.
In this regard SIO National delegation led by Br Labeed Shafi (President, SIO of India)
Met with MP’s of different parties which includes
1. Prof M V Rajeev Gowda (Convener, Parliamentary Manifesto Committee 2019 Indian National Congress)
2. E T Basheer (Member of Parliament, IUML,Kerala)
3. B Vinod Kumar (TRS floor leader, Lok sabha)
4. Mr. D Raja (Member of Parliament CPI)
Discussed issues related to Education, Youth and Human rights. Particularly discussed about,
1. Reservation policies like recommendations of Ranganath Mishra commission to be implemented
2. AMU off campus centres in Minority Concentrated districts
3. Special attention to the educational infrastructure of underdeveloped minority concentrated districts
4. Equal opportunities commission in higher education institutions
5. Rehabilitation of innocent youth falsely accused in terrorism cases and acquitted by courts.
6. Revoke MANF and RGNF scuttle
7. Joint Parliamentary committee to implement the RTE completely
8. Fair, transparent and time bound process of all the vacant post of government jobs of various departments
Whereas MP’s promised that they will bring these points in discussion while drafting their manifesto and few assured to include the same in their manifestos.
The campaign will continue, SIO across the nation will meet the heads of regional parties and try to make the students and youth as the agenda of upcoming general elections.
Department of Media, SIO of India.
Syed Ahmed Ali (National Secretary)
Cell: 8143632370 | Email: [email protected]