Thenjippalam: The SIO workers besieged the Calicut university administrative office and main gate around three hours. Solution of the irregularities in credit and semester system, publish the result of degree 1st,2nd,3rd and 4rth semesters, disciplinary actions against the non- working employees , if noticed, steps to initiate to constitute students council as per statute, postponement of the scheduled examinations on the day after the Eid were the demands raised by the protesters.
The police CI Umesh, Kondotty CI Asainar, Thenjippalam SI Hidayathullaah Mambra blocked the march to the administration office by 10am. Based on the discussion of the leaders with the police, they were allowed to enter the campus, later. SIO state president Mr. Shihab pookkoottur inaugurated the besiegement.
Ameen Hassan, P.P. Jaseem, Safeer Sha also spoken on the occasion. After having discussion with the leaders, a written document signed by university vice chancellor who agreed to take necessary actions regarding demanded issues is handed over.
The document issued five relevant decisions.
1. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th semester results will be published before nov25th, 15th, dec10th ad 24th respectively.
2. Exams which were scheduled to be held in the second day of Eid ul adha have been postponed.
3. Disciplinary actions will be taken against the non-working employees, whenever noticed.
4. Supplementary exam chance for the 2009 degree batch will be given after considering it before academic council.
5. Procedures to constitute Students council will be taken soon
Vice chancellor Dr. Abdussalaaam, pro vice chancellor, k. raveendranadh, registrar P.P Muhammad, controller of examination K.P. shahi kumar sio state president Shihab pookottur, campus secretary Ameen Hassan, P.P Jaseem were participate in the discussion. sio state committee members safeer sha, Nisar K.S Suhaib. C.T led the march.