Lucknow 🙁 22nd March, 2014) The Students Islamic Organisation of India (SIO) UP Central has been working in the country since its inception on 19th October 1982 for the social progress and development of the students’ fraternity. In its endeavour for the reconstruction of the society, SIO has been working among the students and youths community for, upholding the educational standards and moral values so as to make a responsible individual who can serve humanitarian cause.
It is a known fact that the students and youths comprise large percentage of Indian Population, who plays an important role in nation’s development and the election process. These are the one who decide the future of India. SIO feels that, with additional prospects the issues concerning this group must be recognised. Being a working group among students and youth the organisation, after deliberation and debate among students, youths, academicians, educationists and social activists, have come up with some recommendations and demands.
It must be noted that this students’ manifesto is not an election manifesto, but a reminder from the part of the student community to the political parties and candidates, of what all need to be done in the field of education and for students of this country.
Demands are listed below:
- Moral Values and Ethical Standards should be made the part of academic curriculum, besides consumption of Alcohol, Drugs and Vulgar entertainment should be proscribed. .
- RTE Act should be implemented effectively. Strict penalties must be imposed on schools if they fail to comply with the RTE norms.
- The existing vacancies in teacher posts should be filled and all the existing teachers who are working on contractual basis should be regularized.
- Efforts should be made to create exclusive education options based on gender sensitive requirements.
- National Curriculum Framework 2005 should be reviewed with a fundamental commitment to secular spirit.
- ‘Commercialization’ of education should be stopped.
- The number of seats- intake in MBBS/MD/MS should be increased for the colleges across the country.
- There should be vigilant and monitoring mechanism established to check the status, quality and research in technical education.
- Provide free online courseware through online web and Video courses for Medicine, Engineering, Science and humanities streams by premier institutes like AIIMS, IITs, IIMs, and Central Universities.
- Skill development and Job assistance cells should be established in educational institutions.
- Delhi University ‘Four Year Undergraduate Programme’ (FYUP) should be reviewed.
- Educational institutions and Universities should start remedial coaching centers for students from deprived sections of the society, so as to make them line up with academic challenges and reforms.
- The number of centers for UGC-NET exam should increase.
- The number of colleges and hostels under MCD’s should increase.
- The budgetary allocation for education should be increased up to 6% of the GDP.
- The Aligarh Muslim University should be given the minority status.
- Re- Install the Foreign Language choice in an optional paper in the UPSC Exam.
- Implement all the recommendations of Sachar committee and Mishra commission reports.
- The students seeking a higher level of education should be provided interest-free loans.
- There should be vigilant body formed, to check “Overseas Educational Consultants”.
- A national level institution such as the National Institute of Education should be established and should be dedicated to design sound educational policies, to carry research in shaping the qualitative and relevant curriculum.
- Psychological counseling and Rehabilitation centers must be established in campuses.
- Following the recommendations of the Lyngdoh Commission, the Student Politics and elections should be allowed in campuses.
- Technical and vocational skill development centers for youth should be opened in large scale along with the assistance for entrepreneurship.
- The youngsters who are wrongly and illegally detained and later proved innocent should be financially compensated. A character certificate should be issued to them to continue their education and employment.
Students Islamic Organisation expects a positive response from your side to notify the issues through your media, it would be a great contribution for Students and Education.
Najmuassaquib Khan (Zonal President, SIO UP Central), Sharique Ansar (National Secretary) Aamir Usmani (Zonal Secretary SIO UP Central) Nazirul Hasan (Zonal President, SIO UP West) Mohammad Muzammil (Zonal President, SIO UP East) and many students were present at the occasion.