Andaman:02/09/13: Natioanal Secretary ,SIO (Students Islamic Organisation of India) Br. Masihuzzama Ansari and SIO Andaman President Br. P MujibRehman met Principal Secretary, Education today and submitted the memorandum regarding educational issues in Andaman.
SIO puts 10 point demands before Principal Secretary and elaborated each and every problems whatever education sector of Andaman is facing. The Principal secretory, education appreciated the effort made by SIO and ensured for the further consideration.
SIO is a nationwide student’s organisation, working in the country from last 30 years to prepare the students and youth for the reconstruction of the society. The motto of SIO is to remove all the social evils from campuses and society & make the students and youth socially responsible. SIO feels that the problems of campuses and society can’t root out without solving the problems of education sector. SIO’s Demands in Andaman & Nicobar Islands are:
1) PG courses required (Physics, Maths, Bengali, History & Zoology)
2) Requirement of University.
3) Delaying of Certificates, degrees, provisional and mark sheets in JNRM College.
4) Including of Andaman’s history in curriculum.
5) Improving quality of education in government schools.
6) Travelling allowance for students going to mainland for higher education.
7) Moral degradation in campuses viz Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking etc.
8) Delay in counseling of MBBS & Engineering seats in mainland.
9) Promoting aspirant for Research & Civil Services Exam.
10) Delay in admission in JNRM College.
During the occasion some SIO Members N Hamza, M K Naseef ,Ismile, Jabir and other associates were present.