Students Islamic Organization of India is a vibrant ideological organization working in the country for preparing students and youth for the reconstruction of society. SIO believes that the real function of education should be to impart actual knowledge about life, existence and future. SIO finds itself committed to impart genuine knowledge and awareness to students and getting them ready to become torchlight of morality and fighters against evils by reinforcing their own life. The organization also strives for promoting moral values in educational system and better academic and moral atmosphere in educational institutions and to nurture the talents of students in such a way as to benefit the society.
With a motive of understanding the real essence of education and provide a platform to the students to exhibit their skills and talents in any field, SIO Hyderabad has decided to organize “THE HYDERABAD STUDENTS FESTIVAL ‘13” on 28th &29th September (Sat & Sun) at EXHIBITION GROUNDS,NAMPALLY,HYD.
The primary objectives of HSF are :
1. Identification, appreciation and promotion of budding talents.
2. Presenting the concept of entertainment based on ethics, morals and values.
3. To inculcate social sensitivity among students.
4. To promote healthy and ethical competitive spirit among students.
5. To motivate students for research oriented studies.
The fest will cover the varied academic and non academic interests of students of various streams and back ground of education. It will be a unique kind of fest first ever to be organized in Hyderabad, which will provide a common platform to the students to showcase their talents and creativity. Poetry, Feature Article writing, Elocution, Mock Parliament, Paper presentations, project demonstrations, photography, poster making, painting, drama, songs, story writing, robotics, and football cage are some of the events which are to be part of the fest. The target students are from Intermediate till PG level of various streams like Engineering, Humanities, Management, Medicine, Journalism and Arts. The more details of the fest with the option of online registration for the the event of students choice can be had from www.hydstudentfest.com.
The themes of some of the various events are:
- Short Story- Farmer’s Plight, Land Displacement, Life on Footpath etc.
- Feature Article Writing- RTE, Youth Life Style and Trends etc.
- Poem Writing-Social and Humanitarian Issues
- Painting- Save Environment, Nature and Its Signs etc.
- Cartoon Making- Educational System in India, Students Against Corruption
- Debates- Is India Independent, Dress Code-A toss between freedom and dignity
- Monoact- Plight of a common man
- Mimicry- A day in Hyderabad
- Mock Parliament- Right to Livelihood
- Career Counseling
- Mock Interviews
All the events are designed in such a way that they should inculcate the social sensitivity among the students along with the over all career and personality growth.
The festival was inaugurated by Dr KR Venugopal, Rtd IAS, Dr Mohammad Ali Rafath, IAS officer and Dr Akbar Ali Khan, VC, Telangana University. Dr Akbar Ali Khan said that students need to learn the subject with the help of core text books and should not depend on the guide books. He lamented over the less percentage of GDP being spent on the education sector by the government. He also highlighted the importance of talents being identified and utilised proeperly. Dr KR Venugopal interacted with the students participating the festival and asked them to be morally and ethically stronger.
27 various events are the part of the event which mostly includes social issues. Nearly 1200 students from Hyderabad’s various campuses are participating the fest.
The fest will continue till 7pm on 29th Sep 2013. The prize distribution will be held at 6Pm on 29th Sep 2013.