SIO Secretary General paid a one week visit to Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Port Blair, Andaman & Nicobar Island – SIO Secretary General P M Salih paid a one week visit to Andaman & Nicobar Islands. On this occasion various programmes were organized by A & N Islands. Some of the programmes which are mentioned are as follows:
• Meet with JIH Members – On the first day of the visit a meet was organized with the JIH members, this was for the ice breaking and the formal introductions and to discuss the status of SIO Andaman & Nicobar Islands. On the last day meet with JIH members was arranged to share his experiences, ideas and the new strategies for the up-gradation of the developing Zone A & N Islands to a Developed one.
• SIO ZAB Meet – On the second day a meet was organized with the SIO Zonal Advisory Board at Stewart Gunj. All the members of the ZAB attended the meet. General Secretary P.M. Salih delivered a speech on the importance of the student organisation for the reconstruction of the society. He described about the present scenario and the revolutions which took place in the recent times and the role of the student organisations. He also discussed on how to make our weekly programmes an effective and a fruitful one.
• Students Meet – On the third day a Students’ Meet was organized at Wimberly Gunj Unit. The 3 Hour long meet was enlightened by the Speakers from JIH and GS himself. The topics such as Planning, Implementation and Role of Individual in Execution, SIO Mission, Aim, Objectives & History, Character & its Impact are worth a mention.
• Meet with Humane Touch – On the fourth day a meet was organized with the Youth Organisation, Humane Touch Executive Committee. In this meet activities and Services of Humane Touch were discussed and also the scope for the development of the Organisation as a Youth Movement was presented by SIO General Secretary. Later on the last day a meet with the Humane Touch General Body (Associates, Members & Executives) was conducted. SIO GS motivated and inspired them for the service of the society and up-liftment of the moral values.
• Meet with GIO – On fifth day a meet was organized with Girls Islamic Organization, Andaman & Nicobar Islands. All GIO members and associates enlighten themselves with valuable words and ideas from the General Secretary of SIO.
• Khitab-e-Aam – On occasion of the visit of SIO GS two public meets were organized at Wimberly Gunj & Stewart Gunj. SIO GS delivered a speech on various activities, achievements and Milestones of SIO. The JIH members, workers, sympathizers, Humane Touch members, associates, SIO members, applicants and associates were the participants.
Report by : P. Mujeeb Rahman, Zonal Organizer, SIO A & N Islands