A Press meet was organised by the Assam North chapter of the Students Islamic Organisation of India with the following demands to the Government of Assam. Zonal President, Israfil Hussain addressed the media.
1. The scholarship of minority students as well as SC/ST and Tea Tribes should be made regular.
2. The amount awarded at present should be increased.
3. The offline form submission should be allowed for poor students of the state who are not well-acquainted with the online process.
4. Awareness program should be conducted at local level explaining various scholarship schemes and their procedures.
5. Helpline giving information of scholarship schemes should be made available at least 8 hours a day.
6. It should be ensured that the educational institutions cooperate, receive and submit scholarship forms in due time.
7. The last date of submission of Pre -metric Minority Scholarship form must be extended.
8. According to Right to Education Act, no admission fees should be taken up to class VIII students in Govt. school. But, it has been noticed that many applications that school authorities are taking admission fees from them. Education Minister is requested to take strict action against them.
9. Strict action must be taken against the school authority, management committee and cook who are involved in corruption in Mid-day meals.